Monday, August 13, 2012

Tag Art Fun - Distressed Backgrounds

Oh, oh, oh...I can't wait to share my tags.  At our Rubber Ducky group on Friday, Michele Templeman was in charge of our project and prepared 6 great sample tags.  We used Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Shimmer Spray, Water, and stamps for all the backgrounds and main images.  We had a wet mess but had fun playing.  All of our tags started out as white card stock.  What a difference ink makes.  All of the fibers came from a wonderful yarn store we have in the Denver metro area called Showers of Flowers.  I try to stay out of there!!!!  They have tons of wonderful, wonderful yarns.  I spent hundred of dollars on fibers.  I bought so many that I had to make a Yarn Sampler with a sample of each yarn and the information about it and the price.  That way, I could go there and not re-buy the same yarn.  That's how much I have.  I LOVE all of it.  I stay away from that store!!!!  TeeHeeHee  :)



I forgot my adhesive so didn't assemble my tags until I got home.  Since I was now in my own craft room, I used some of the new Stampin' Up! Champagne & Silver Glimmer Papers, Black Card Stock, Hole Punches, Rhinestone Jewels, Dazzling Details Glitter.  The non-SU stuff included  COPIC Markers, Tim Holtz Tiny Stapler, Washi Paper.  Michele's good designs made it easy for the tags come out so nice.

Happy Stamping!    Judy  :)


1 comment:

  1. So good to see what the "Duckies" have been up to, Judy!! I still have a LARGE stash of yarn from the visits I made to that store with you gals! Love the tags you created; they all turned out so nicely. Say "hi" to everyone for me the next time you meet, okay??

    ReplyDelete