Saturday, August 11, 2012

Jewelry Piece with a Bird/Birdhouse Theme

Here is my latest birthday jewelry piece made for my friend, Kathy Klancic.  Her August  birthday theme was Bird/Birdhouse.  Kathy creates true treasures and works of art so I always try to give her my very best work.  I'm happy how it turned out.  I'm always a little apprehensive before I start my creations...but usually get a feeling of relief and accomplishment when my pieces are finished .  Our Rubber Ducky group keeps us stretching our creativity.  Wait until you see the beautiful jewelry piece Kathy made for my birthday this month!!!  I'll share in another post.

The piece starts with a Tim Holtz Ornate Plate.  I covered a piece of black card stock with a piece of Ecru lace and mounted it behind the oval.  I was thrilled to find these wonderful bird charms.  I added a few silver flower beads to dangle from the bottom center.  I then added some beautiful blue Cats Eye beads [I've been hoarding these wonderful beads for years] to make the piece pop.  I then added silk flowers and leaves on each side for added interest and wah-lah...the piece was done.  Kathy got many wonderful pieces.  It's always a treat to see what everyone comes up with.  This month didn't disappoint.

Happy Stamping!   Judy   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment